Michael’s blog at Huffington Post
Michael has been writing for Huffington Post since 2014. His articles appear in both Healthy Living and GPS For The Soul.
- Tue, 19 Jul 2016: Living In The Shadow Of Latent Anxiety
We may be too close to our own experience to see that our anxiety is attached to the abiding sense of powerlessness and lack of boundaries we associate with someone whom we've parentalized. On the other hand, part of reclaiming ourselves is staying present with our emotions and unpacking them to get at the root.
- Tue, 17 Feb 2015: Some Small Truths About Brian Williams' Big Lie
While Mr. Williams' didn't really do anything differently than what we apparently all do every day, his cultural standing amplifies his indiscretion, making his actions seemingly all the more egregious.
- Mon, 06 Oct 2014: 4 Practical Steps for Changing Mental Habits
At times we can find these patterns to be somewhat unproductive and, at others, wholly destructive. When confronted with either circumstance, we are also provided with an invitation to change.
- Fri, 18 Jul 2014: 5 Proven Strategies for Releasing Negative Thoughts
We create our experience by virtue of how we are thinking about a particular situation, good, bad or indifferent. What's important to bear in mind is that if we can think ourselves in, we can always think ourselves out.
- Thu, 29 May 2014: Does Conscious Living Lead to Conscious Dying?
Maintaining an acute awareness of our own impermanence as material beings allows us to live every moment as if it were our last and, in doing so, we get to squeeze the juice out of each and every one.